OIL SIGHT GLASSES
Oil sight glasses. Buy online at the best price
Oil sight glasses are devices that have small transparent or glass windows or eyelets that are installed in containers, tanks, machines or tanks to allow visual inspection of the level and quality of the oil they contain. They are very useful for checking the oil level in engines, gears or hydraulic systems without having to open them.
These sight glasses are typically made from materials that are resistant to chemicals and oil temperatures so they can withstand the environment in which they are installed. The body can be made of aluminum, stainless or brass. The display part, in plastic or glass. In addition, they are usually sealed to prevent oil leaks or contamination, in some cases they have a gasket.
It is essential to keep the sight glasses clean and transparent, since if they are dirty or fogged, they will make it difficult to properly inspect the oil. Therefore, it is recommended to clean them regularly and replace them if they are damaged or worn.
We have 2 models, the straight view, threaded and the vertical ones, these we can choose the length in height and the thread.
The most common applications of oil sight glasses are:
- Industrial machinery: In equipment such as compressors, pumps, gearboxes, reducers and motors, hydraulic groups and power plants, oil sight glasses allow operators and technicians to visually inspect the oil level and detect the presence of foreign particles or contaminants.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning equipment: In refrigeration and air conditioning systems, oil sight glasses allow technicians to verify the presence and level of oil in the compressor, which is essential for efficient and safe operation of the system.
- Agricultural and construction machinery: On tractors, combines and other agricultural or construction equipment that rely on hydraulic or lubricating oil, oil sight glasses are essential to maintain performance and prevent breakdowns.
- Automotive Equipment and Vehicles: Some automobiles, especially older or industrial-use vehicles, may be equipped with oil sight glasses to facilitate inspection of the engine or transmission oil level.
- Marine Equipment: On boats and vessels, oil sight glasses are common in propulsion systems, hydraulic systems, and lubrication systems for marine engines.